This short course is the second part of the core module, An introduction to psychological development, for any CalmFamily specialist consultant training pathway.
This short course includes the lessons:
- Piaget’s developmental stages
- Piaget’s psychosocial development
- Vygotsky’s social development theory
- Albert Bandura and modelling
- Nature vs nurture
The Developmental psychology short course covers the normal stages of development, and how these impact on the development of relationships, a child’s behaviour and on their understanding of the world at different stages. This short course is available as part of the full core An introduction to psychological development short course bundle.
Prerequisites: Introduction to psychology
Relevant prior learning: The following courses work with this course to help you understand the experience, needs and behaviour relevant to your chosen specialism/s. You can complete them in your preferred order.
- An Introduction to physiology and biochemistry
- An introduction to neurological development
- An introduction to sensory regulation